Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Optimizing Google+ Circles. strategy Tips

When I first follow someone, I put them in Following Unmutual Unknown. If they happen to be famous or noteworthy, I put them in Following Unmutual Stars. If they follow me back, I put them inFollowing Mutual. The next step up is Following Faves. This circle is for either someone fromFollowing Mutual whose posts I really enjoy, or when a famous or noteworthy person follows me back. Then the top two circles are Friends and Family. And each of these circles are singular. You can't be in more than one.

And yes, these names may seem a little long and clumsy. But part of the reason I named them such is so that the alphabetical order they are forced to be in reflect the ladder of progression. Yes, I could number them all. Maybe I will later.

Then I have circles that reflect a characteristic. Anyone from any of the singular circles can be in one or more of these. At the moment, I only have two of those: Pittsburgh and Gamers. But eventually, I imagine having more. However, if Google does introduce groups or shared circles, some of these may become unnecessary.

Also, since these circles represent characteristics, I've made them look a little different by adding a symbol at the end of the name.  


By William Bittner. Graphic Designer, Flash Programmer, and Video Producer. Google Plus User. 




















How To mute and unmute on GooglePlus Stream











latest Google+ Apps,tools and tricks, Subscribe to Google Plus social network




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Namecheap.com - Cheap domain name registration, renewal and transfers - Free SSL Certificates - Web Hosting